Some things are as inevitable as day follows night. Expect silly social media challenges like the ice bucket thing or similar idiocies to invade 2017 as well as that bloody, ear melting song that will turn on continuous loop over the summer and leaves you with an urge for a loaded double-barrel. TV will, sure as hell, introduce us to people who let you doubt in Darwin’s evolution of species. I fear this list could go on and on and on…
But rejoice, because the New Year will almost certainly come up with some good things too. You can count on something summer-ish in the near future, or good music and movies that will make you forget aforementioned TV or radio trash. And you can count on Pepo Rosell from Spanish workshop XTR Pepo to deliver new custom bikes at unbelievable pace.
So here’s the Spaniards first output for 2017, reflecting again his passion for endurance racing. The Rocket is based on Triumphs former beginner bike, the Legend TT 900 and is built as a tribute to Dick Mann’s BSA Rocket 3 racer.
Here are the tech-specs:
- Triumph Daytona 675R Öhlins front fork and yokes
- Brembo radial calipers
- Brembo front brake rotors
- Triumph Daytona 675 R carbon fiber front mudguard.
- Triumph Daytona 675 R aluminum forged front and rear wheels
- Frentubo brake lines front and rear.
- Ducati 1098 Brembo radial brake and clutch pump
- XTR adjustable and foldable levers
- XTR aluminum CNC machined clip-ons
- XTR front bracket
- Motogadget instrument
- XTR fairing
- XTR windshield
- heavily modified Suzuki Bandit fuel tank
- Laverda gas cap
- XTR solo seat
- Modified frame and XTR “monotubo” sub frame
- Modified swing arm
- Daytona 675 R Brembo rear caliper and rotor
- Yamaha TRX side stand
- YSS rear shock
- XTR rear mudguard
- XTR aluminum CNC machined footrests
- Modified Triumph Speed triple exhaust system
- SuperMario megaphone muffler
- Tsubaki gold chain
- Ported heads
- DNA air filters
- Domino quick gas throttle.
- Paint by Pintumoto
Pictures by Cesar Godoy